Monday, July 02, 2018

Say Good-bye to Roe vs Wade

Now I guess the women of America are in a fight for their lives so to speak on the abortion issue.  It's kind of like me and alcohol around here.  In January they made it legal to buy alcoholic beverages inthe place whee I live.  I haven't bought one bottle yet but I like the idea that if I ever needed to have a shot of something I would have that safety net where I could.  Now they are thinking of recinding that right.  With women they may be married with a family of  three or four kids and a cat, a dog and a canary but in the back of their minds they are thinking about that safety net of abortion just in case they get pregnent again and need to have an abortion.  It's like they may all be for marriage but they want to have the right to a divorce just in case.  Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy is resigning as of the end of July and he turned in his notice last week.  The timing of the case is interesting because a case is coming up this next court season where Kennedys son is involved in a banking dispute and the younger Kennedy is President Trump's banker and he loaned Trump  a billion dollars,which I guess is just pocket change to these people.  So Kennedy is resigning llike republicans around him wanted him to do so Trump would make the next appointee and get him approved before the November congressional election.  No matter what they say,  the Republicans must be in fear of both houses of congress going democratic this November or they wouldn't be in such a rush to get the next Justice appointee confirmed.  Of course you already know all this.  I didn't write last week because my mind is getting old and sluggish and I'm not keeping on top of things like I used to.  Mc Conell doesn't care about whether there is an election in a few months.  All he knows is that there is a 51 to 49 seat majority in the US Senate and he better act quickly.  Some people are saying that President Obama should have gotten Bryer and Ginsburg to retire a few years back when the democrats still had control of the senate and Obama could appoint new younger versions of Bryer and Ginsburg that wouldn't croke suddenly while in office.  Ginsburg in particular doesn't seem long for this world.  Trump may have his third appointee quicker than he thinks.  Of course Kennedy is the champion of things such as gay rights and abortion.  So there is a large constituincy out there that cam be mobelized against the President and his party right now and will work to elect democrats to congress.  Any democrat.  He or she doesn't need to be in either the Sanders wing of the party or the Hillary wing, just as long as they are democrats.  Joe Mansion and a few democratic senators will be voting for the next Trump appointee because they live in pro Trump states.  But there are Republicans like Lisa Marcosky and Susan Collins who are pro choice.

Personally, I don't like that term "pro choice" myself.  I'm "pro choice" when it comes to things like picking an internet provider or competetion for lower drug prices or going to Canada to buy my drugs.  I'm pro choice when it comes to diet or regular Cola.  But not for other things.  They would never speak or murder or child molestation people being "pro choice".   Basically I am in favor of eliminating Roe vs Wade, but I'm smart enough to know that I am in a definite minority in America.  Personally I don't think the Justices had any basis in law to overturn abortion laws in 1973.  I think the matter should be turned back to the states and let the people of these states decide whether they want abortion or not.  But they say it's a "right to privacy".  Again if I were a drug dealer I would love a "right to privacy to make my deals".  But I'm not going to get it.

LeBran James has joined the LA Lakers.  Maybe this MVP star can breathe some life into our loser of a Team we've had the past few years.  I guess we're all tired of seeing the same two teams competing in the NBC play-offs year after year and it's tie for a change.  Now all they need to do is break up the Golden State Warriors.  Years back James headed for the sunny shores of Miami.  Now he doesn't have the "Heat" to contend with.  He gets pleasant climate year round.  He will most certainly attain instant popularity we the LA Lakers fans welcome a winner.

I'd like to know how special prosecutor Muller is coming along with his investigation of the President.  This hot headed Republican committee chairman wants to know when the "damn investigation" is going to be wrapped up.  I too would like to see this case wrapped up before November so that it would be in the news headlines when people can go to vote.  The Republicans held one of their kangaroo courts last week where they were raking the FBI director and Rosenstein over the coals in a committee hearing trying to revive Hillary's E mails as an issue or smoething.  Now they are saying that there were pro Hillary people in the FBI who had unacceptable bias and lack of objectivity.  If Comey can stick it to Hillary two weeks before that election then Muller can stick it to President Trump this time around.  Of course we shouldn't have someone under investigation for colluding with the Russians to sabotage the 2016 elections even making court appointments because he would be picking the judge of a court that's going to hear his case and rule on things like evidence and indictments.  We keep hearing that ex attorney Koehn is going to flip and turn state's evidence.  I don't think that's happened yet.  This avalanche of indictments really hasn't started yet the way I'd like it to.  There as yet is no real fear in this administration and President Trump thinks he can beat the rap and escape all indictments. 

No comments: