Monday, June 20, 2011

All Those Conversations with Dead People

Anybody who feels they need to put on 'Mr. Crowley" to listen to while reading this, well, be my guest. Captain Piccard once said "In for a penny; in for a pound", but I'm going to try and restrict the madness at least some and "edit my own thoughts" to restrict this to people you've at least heard of, and then only things I thinks you would find most interesting. You know there is a roomer that when Woodward and Berstein wrote "All the President's Men" they left out the involvements of certain people because they were just too obscure, and among these were Ron Nasty, Barry Wham, Dirk Mc Quickly, and Stig O Hare. You know I liked "The Basement Tapes" and one is tempted to make that analogy here. Dylan says he hates the Basement Tapes now. But I'm thinking if I had a choice of whether to release that album or "John Wesley Harding" for me it would be a no brainer. Dylan had already released "Down along the Cove" and "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" in March of 1967 however here is another of those "time discontinuities" that Warf talked about in that TNG episode. Because "they" now say these songs weren't recorded till October of 1967 in Nashville. What we have here is a difference in recollections. For me it's like Beethoven having two compositions and one of which he plans to publish as sheet music. It's a choice between the opening movement of Beethoven's Fifth, or else the Oscar Mayer Wiener song. Gee, that's a tough call.

People who've heard Abbey Road know there is stuff on there that doesn't sound like any of the Beatles. For instance the "Sun, sun, sun, here it comes" - hand clapping - - was obviously influence by someone who has heard the song by the "Sun Rays". You know it isn't "Because" but "Love Is- - - " by Lennon that sounds like the Moonlight Sonata. I think there was a lot of marijuana smoking when "Because" and "Sun King" were composed. But you know unlike all these soap operas, sometimes dead people say things you don't expect. I have mentioned how a medium channeling John Lennon said that "he didn't mind if Yoco marketed his personal posessions for money. I thought "Lennon would never approve that". Well, it turns out I was wrong. John Lennon told me that he did in fact approve of that. Another time in 1995 when Jackson did Come Together- - he used the term "monkey fingers" and again I was up in arms because I believed the phrase to be "manchier fingers" referring to the German for "many". Well I talked to Lennon about it and he told me the word was indeed "monkey" but he thought the word "manchier" might actually be an inovative improvement". As you know Lennon almost never talked about Yoco with me. I later deduced he was under pressure not to talk about his marriage. One area Lennon expressed interest in my life about was the "Arimid" era in the mid sixties like 1966 and 1967. When I was in therapy with Eileen, I'd be on my way home and Lennon had all sorts of observations to make. And I wrote them all down when I got home. Sometimes reading your own stuff is a refreshing learning experiance. Of course the phrase "Arimid" is Di Mira backwards. Lennon knew I watched the soap and he thought I might like the "backwards humor". As to my remarks from yesterday I haven't heard back from John Lennon. Some things come out in my personality even in Wickipedia, like that I'm a bit of a glory hog. I tell George Martin what to do with a song. And I leeer over Paul's shoulder as he works out the piano part on "Come Together" because on the actual song, I want to perform it myself.

In August of 1992 I recorded a folk song by Judy Collins I believe, the tape was already running and I got the whole song. It was kind of a downer thing but it intrigued me. John Lennon heard the tape and said "I want to learn that song so I can record it". He performed it on a twelve string guitar. About May 1st of 1994 John performed a new rendition of "Free as a Bird" on that same twelve string guitar. It was a decidedly more cherry version than the record, there is almost a smugness about it. At about this same time I met Kurt Kobain. Before this I had surmised that he was one of those "shallow generation X people". I was quite favvoribly impressed with Kurt Cobain. He was cheerful and had a sense of humor. It was in August of 1994 that he recorded a surf piece called "Longboading" with Richi Vallenz, and Stewart Sutcliffe on base. (somebody played drums) Kurt played the more difficult of the two guitar parts, because Richi (unlike me) didn't want to be a glory hog. John and Kurt became good friends and hung out together a lot during the mid nineties. I'd like to introduce a brand new word to my lexicon of terms and that is "Avatar". This is not a new term to any of you but tome is is. It's some personage on screen that you control when you're playing a video game. This next part is going to sound a little creepy. First of all I don't know so many questions that I myself have had are being answered now. Some new force may be "tilting the table in my favor" these days. I don't know if it's Burt or who? As you know all these dead people I mention - John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Stewart Sutcliffe, Dennis Wilson, John Bohnnum, all look like their old bodies. When I knew Richi Vallenz as a youth, he had a different avatar. He had red hair and a few freckles and green eyes. Now he's gone back to his old avatar. Here's the creepy part. It seems the Romulans actually take your DNA from your dead body and transport it via hyperspace link, and reassemble it, and then when you die your soul can reincarnate in it. So what happened with me on January 1st. 1995 in the evening. This is when the whole "talking with the dead" thing with me really got cranked up into high gear. What the others saw in that Sirius A recording studio wasn't my body. I don't remember it not being me. But to do a whole hyperspace ship transport was just too much trouble (besides freaking me out). So they did one of these astral projection things we talked about previously- - - except I had a body I was able to control. As you know this night Stewart Sutcliffe invited me to that studio to record a version of Bach's 3rd Brandenburg Concerto with John Bohnnum, himself, and some other accustic guitarist who had a hell of a lot more tallent than I did. Stewart was confident I was up to the task, but I sure as hell felt out of place recording with John Bohnnum. Anyhow I got the easy part. Basically all I had to know was scales, and I practiced these a little in advance. So now you have J. S. Bach sounding like "Black Dog". John Lennon was there but did not perform on this song but did go "The Night has a Thousand Eyes", performed on guitar and vocal. He had just rewritten the lyrics so this song because he had some beef with Jim Ladd calling him a hypocrate because he got the idea somewhere Jim Ladd was really a gun freak, and he demanded that I turn the radio station. A month or so earlier there was a session in the same studio that was more spactacular. Keith Relf of the Yardbirds had written a bunch of new songs. Present were John Bohnnum on drums, and Stewart on Bass, and some organ-synthizer player. These compositions I was really impressed with when I heard a tape of them. "Stu, you should market this stuff". It was a real progressive rock sound. One more "tape" I really want to mention is the sessions from early spring of 1995. These are with Dennis Wilson on drums, Richi Vallenz on guitar, Stewart on bass, and some organist. The whole tape was really obscure surf songs you could actually buy in the sixties. There were no original compositions. A lot of people think these songs on this tape are "really annointed". The only song I recognize is "It Ain't Me, Babe" you all know, done somewhat slower and a little off key. (it sounds better that way) Two more songs I want to talk about and we're done (with this paragraph) "All Your Loving" - the John Mayoll Song, was recorded at CMK studios in September of 1972 with Richi Vallenz (with his avatar desguise) and Black Bart on drums and his brother on bass. The singer was from outside our group. Somehow his vocal track got erased and you only hear this faint "resonence". The other song is "A Shot of Rhythm and Blues" from Beatles at the BBC. Richi did this song with Black Bart on drums and F H as multi tracked vocal It's just perceptably slower (almost identical tampo) but the sound engineering is much better than the BBC version.

I want to pick up on something I added late yesterday on that last file. I talked about "Bo" still owning propriatary rights to my body, like an absentee landlord. That's assuming that Bo is still discarnate (akin to getting child support till you remarry) But - - remember that cat we named "Bo"? Not the same entity. And I'm glad of that. "Bo" the human being is a little creepy, actually. He has this vacant almost retarded look in the eyes. To pick up on last night's Simpson's episode- - - in second through forth grade I was a math genious. In the fifth grade I had a different teacher, of course, and in the fall of 1960 for some reason I just "phazed out" and didn't do the work. I don't know if I was bored or what. To this day I'm mystified by my attitude. But I just remembered something. There is one of these ultra secret audio tapes made by celebreties- - I've only heard once, but once is enough. Guess what? I got that same creepy vibe listening to this tape- - and I just remembered. Since this avatar was alive (I won't stoop by calling him human. Stu doesn't like him either) There is that same vacant look in the eyes. Reading about this individual in Wickipedia is about as frustrating trying to have sex after you've just given your dick a shot of novacaine. I learned nothing. Of course I learned almost nothing from any Mick Ronson material either. You know the best thing about "Bo" being incarnated, if it's really him? At least he's not cluttering up Sirius A or some other planet. So even if this soul in his karmic past "knows where all the bodies are burried', I can wait...

So, you have another Question. Big surprise! "Can the Romulans do things the Federation Can't?" Yes, when it comes to cloaking things and people and also in materializing objects out of thin air. If you have a material object on your person and you are cloaked, the object is cloaked, too. But even cloaked things and people need some transport device or "protective space bubble" going through hyperspace. Larger objects can be cloaked and transported also such as an incident I didn't use, Stewart materializes objects out of thin air into the room, and they are solid, but then throws them back into nowhere. But these larger objects lose their coherence, [see late addendum, so put down that microphone a minute, Uncle Joe and keep reading. We're coming to that], and dissolve back into a cloaked state and sink into the earth from gravity. I don't know how, and the Federation can't do this without acquiring the proper licensing and permission and stuff, which the Romulans keep the price high on. Stewart is not interested in really answering this question so I'm still pretty much in the dark. [late addendum: But here is a partial answer. This "protective bubble in this space has a physical boundary. If you are in normal space certain (?) cloaked objects materialize and dematerialize when leaving the thresshold. Objects thrown into them seem to disappear and seem to appear spontaniously when pulled out of this "boundary". The reason why materialized objects break down spontaniously far from home is that the large equipment necessary to properly stabalize these objects is not present] Cloaked objects do have mass and are subject to gravity. They also have coherence with themselves and any other cloaked object or person. They cannot travel through hyperspace unprotected, or as it were un shielded. As far as I know nobody has the ability to "beam" an object somewhere. But the transport used for an object need not be near as elaborate as with a person. And a cloaked person can be transported much more easily than an uncloaked person.

No comments: