Monday, March 26, 2012

"Stuff" I've been Thinking About

Actually there is another whole major Shopping Center that sprang up just the other side of the Freeway from this one, making further incursions into Bajoran territory, and also knocking out an Arby's Roast Beef, which is a Bajoran business.
Here is an update.  The Supreme Court worked for ninety whole minutes today hearing a case, which will take then four days to get through all six hours of at that rate.  Randy reminds us "Well, they're old man.  They need their nap time or whatever".  And they'll get through all six hours of the hearing without Clarence Thomas, that great intellectual bastion, without asking a single question because everybody already knows how he'll vote.  It's however Karl Rove instructs him to.  Well the Dr. Levy gravy train came through on time today so i am no longer economically destitute.  Dr. Levy also got through to you know who and Dr. Levy has time to move my records and things next week to his place.  Today Dr. Levy was taking I Pad requests.  Someone says they don't like Robert Goulet.  I have no real problem with him.  His singing isn't my cup of tea.  Frank Sinatra and Perry Como are better.  There are only four vocalists whom I'd like to see taken out and publically stoned- - with tomatoes or whatever, in the town square in the Kingdom of Marcus Arelius.  These four would be for starters Bobby Golsboro, whose singing drives me up the walls, not to mentio his singing material.  Another is Billy Joel.  He rips off everybody - - the Four Seasons - the Walker Brothers, and David Bowie - - and his very first hit I just figured out rips off the key piano part from a Cat Stevens song.  I have pegged Billy Joel as The Anti Elvis because many are speculating whom that might be- - the exact polar opposite of Elvis.  The third guy would be that high lead singer from Super Tramp.  His singing style grates on me more with each passing year.  The fourth vocalist would be Debby Reynalds, for her classic stinker of all time "Tammy" and any other female singer with that saccrine "Disney" type voice.  You know the type.  Today Dick Chaney gets a new heart, as if that were even possible.  Many men of the cloth and of the liberal perswasion would say "Sure, I'd love for Dick Chaney to have a new heart and come to Christ".  Well, the Darth Vader types among us will always be supported by people like Rush Limbaugh and he's naturally sticking up for Dick Chaney because he knows, "I could be next". 


If you've been playing against another using a stacked deck all your life, the idea of wanting to play a Key card in an honest card deck for once that Isn't stacked, is understandingly appealing
Marcus Arelius based on an unknown radio observation


"Sure, Adam and Eve ate the Apple but it was just a mistake among thousands that mankind will be guilty of in their lives.  The world didn't end when they comitted it.  They weren't forever "ruined" or somehow "marked off" with Original Sin from that point forward.  This would be contrary to Jewish "constant moral choice" reasoning, which is not incorrect.  Besides in the spirit Dr. Levy was talking about today of "putting yourself in the other person's shoes" one should not be too quick to judge an action taken whose circumstances you may not entirely be aware of".  
 Dr. Levy Primarily Agrees with These Sentaments


This is Monday morning at 9:30 and the staff is beginning their Monday morning meeting.  [name withheld] was just in here and I asked him for one toilet paper and a deodorant.  Francis lent me my third cigarette but she thinks I owe her four, which is fine.  It’s only the second cigarette I’ve had today- - OK the third.  I’ve been luckier today than yesterday.  Larry kicked in with one.  And before breakfast Marsha said I borrowed my fourth, and I was ready to dispute that number too but maybe Saturday night I forgot about.  Stephanie Miller was on and wasn’t that Mike Nolan with the bad sound that was spouting all this liberal stuff even though he’s a news guy?  Of course this whole Travon Martin thing IS racial and for people to say you shouldn’t inject “race’ into it is silly because you know if the positions were reversed this would be a slam dunk.  He would be guilty of murder.  And for Zimmerman’s attorney to continue to call it self defense is also silly since he pursued Martin in his car and got out and pursued him further on foot.  Rush Limbaugh at nine was discussing Obama Care and his figure for American people rejection of this bill is in the sixties.  The figure I quoted was actually higher at 72%.  When candidate Obama was most strident in saying this should not be a mandated program and spelled out excellent reasons why it shouldn’t be contrasting his ideas with Romney Care - - in late February of 2008 against Hillary.  Now there is a question arising of whether this mandate is a “tax” or not.  Because if it’s a “tax” then under some legal precedent it may not be challenged till after it takes effect.  This is like Nancy Pelosi saying that “We need to pass this health care bill so we can find out what’s in it”.  Silly.  I think for a blog posting I’m going to pull out certain stretches of my recounting of events over the weekend, properly “redacted”.

We  had corn flakes for breakfast and later on scrambled eggs and a raw bagel with butter and jelly.  The Oriental lady gave me her eggs.  She must see how skinny I’m getting.  I’ve lost nine pounds since Christmas, and am in fact now 19 pounds below where I was the first half of last year.  The weight figure hasn’t exactly pursued a straight line down for the past five years and nine months or so, but it’s been close.  Close enough so you know it isn’t some kind of Steve Jobs cancer.  That Ferris guy from the apartment in late 1991 and 1992 withered away from a fairly hefty robust guy to a shadow of his former self in the summer of 1992 and then he died of some kind of cancer.  But there are no symptomatic indications other than weight I have any disease at all.  Judy remarked, “I know you’ve you’ve been losing weight.  You have no ass”.  I’m like that Mickey guy whose one anatomical difference with me was not just that he’s a little taller, but also you see his profile and he “has no ass”.  If nothing else they used to medically prescribe those “Ensure” bottle supplements.  It’s all this economy of course.  Things even in this year of 2012 are still in a state of belt tightening and not expansion.  There is no recovery for most of the nation in most areas, and we discussed this in the previous file.  So you have Jerry Brown seeking a hike in taxes in order to save yet more programs from being cut.  And if you think about it 8.3% unemployment does not represent any economy in any state of “recovery” or growth.  It’s just in isolated areas like North Dakota where people are doing well.  Now the Republicans are saying that Obama is approving the southern portion of that Pipeline because he didn’t have any choice and is just trying to get out in front of a locomotive saying he’s responsible for leading it.  I don’t know.  Of course this block of time opens up in the morning because Thom Hartman is off the air, and we are headed into the third week of that.

We got into conversations about their starvation food rations around here.  Judy says people who’ve got cancer lose weight because the cancer cells rob the body of nutrients.  We discussed ways in which I might broach the problem.  Mom talked to various of her friends while we were there.  People were sitting in the dining room almost before the stroke of 4:30.  I was happy to be eating.  I went right to the salad bar and stocked up on the Romaine and Iceberg lettuce and their good blue cheese dressing in generous portions and also threw on some raisons.  Then I also loaded three bean salad and coleslaw.  However [Pete Richards] ate almost as much as I did getting a salad bar plate, too.  The waiter took my plate when I wasn’t entire sure I was through picking every last scrap.  I get offended by waiters who want to take away plates so quickly.  Pete and I both had what they call a “half a chicken”.  I got light meat and Pete got dark meat.  I had a baked potato with sour cream.  I asked for carrots and then added “can I get spinach instead” and he said “You can have both if you want” and I said “that sounds good” so I got both.  They prepare vegetables well there.  There was a decorative orange and I got chocolate cake for desert.  I also grabbed two of Judy’s half hard boiled eggs from her “cob salad”.  Mom had a tuna melt.  Only the coffee was a disappointment because it was weak.  Mom says that Mr. Cortesse’s Mom died before her son had had completed his dream place for her.  Mom was going to have minor eye surgery before Mom and [Alan] talked her out of it.  Judy talked about the current state of the government and she was actually more convincing than usual.  There was an article about a Time Magazine about Santorum, and Judy says that it’s true that when the Lord intervenes, miracles can and do happen.  Santorum says in response to the “Act of God” remark that, “That’s OK; I believe in God”.  There was a more telling article in the latest Time magazine dated April 2nd.  This is a phoney economic recovery and aside from the few isolated pockets of this economy that have shown signs of growth, the average American think we are not in a recession but a Depression.  So things like tax revenues are continuing to fall and government programs are in an ongoing state of still being cut with new cuts to hit, like here in California.  They don’t hold parades and fairs the way they used to in many places because the cities just can’t afford it.  Newt Gringrich’s point is well taken that 8.3% unemployment features a lot fewer people being employed than when that number was going up on the other side.  We continually define “normalcy” down and that gets wearisome.   Mom never turned on her computer even though Judy suggested we could Google the whole Cancer and weight question.  Mom mused about what would happen to all of her color coordinated with the kitchen cupboards furniture when she was gone.  The topic of the records never came up.  On the way home I agreed with them that Dr. Levy was a nice guy but I can’t really be a “favorite” because I’m now leery of discussing politics with him because he agrees with Judy.   Somebody suggested we leave before it got completely dark out, and it got dark while we rode home.  We got off at Katella.  I know there are a lot of Street View Google pictures I could bag.  Judy spoke at length of her activities as block chairman for getting rid of the drugs in her neighborhood.  I never realized how taxing and extensive her activities in that area were.  She suggested I not adopt an angry tone when I raised the issue of the food portions.  There were some stories about animals that I showed little interest in that the two of them apparently like to read.

I was coming up the stairs at about five after eight.  Bill was awake but CBS still didn’t have their regular programming.  The only bathroom use I had at Mom’s was mainly to pass gas.  There was some Latino program on FOX instead of the usual “Cops”.  At nine there was this legal program on KNBC about a guy stalling his execution so that he could donate his heart to an eager recipient.  But the three drug cocktail used in Virginia would preclude use of the heart.  And the alternate method in Virginia is the electric chair, which would also render the heart useless.  I don’t remember how late I watched but it had to be past nine thirty.   I was out on the patio talking with Marsha and Larry Barton 


Previously mentioned was the following stuff about Later

I slept well last night first waking at 5:05 and getting up a little past 5:30.  I made the last of the coffee and ran the grounds through again around ten adding in the fraction of a spoon left in the can.  Nora was by before ten.  Nora reemerged yesterday afternoon after a 20 day vacation in Peru or something.  She wasn’t fired.  She said she would mop today and she did.  I had the “Today” show on.  Cigarettes have been really hard to come by these past 21 hours.  We had oatmeal for breakfast and scrambled eggs and a single sausage and no toast.  The coffee here has been tending weak.  I had “Meet the Press” on and watched the full hour.  David Gregory said his wife was in the military.  Rachael Maddau was on to plug her excellent new book about Bush as the Wartime President and how there has been this “change” of having War as a constant factor in the “background” that most American citizens never even have to think about.  The sun was out this morning.  Richard Moore said not to ask again when he lent me a lone cigarette.
Ohio State defeated Syracruse last evening in the NCAA game I completely missed.  Of course The Romulans were backing Syracruse.  I did catch some of the afternoon game from halftime on getting in on the break, between Florida and  Louisville.  (?)  [Apparently Louisville won.]  Tom Petti is from Gainsville.  Some of his musical influence comes from that M 51 star in Orion.  There is news that some people from Aldeberan IX actually ended up in “The Seatle group”, which has never been identified.  Also the Monkee’s guardians used to live on Aldebran IX and were awarded “asylum” on Aldeberan VIII as a definite minority.  Yesterday I changed into my kakis and Judy called back to say you-know-who had just stepped into the shower and would be late.  Then I went downstairs to the west bench for one more cigarette that I got from Lynne.  The wind was beginning to pick up and I resolved to put on that blackish-navy-blue sweatshirt, which I did and wore to Mom’s.  Judy called again to say they had just left a little after three but it wasn’t a few minutes when she called again to say they were here.

No comments: