Friday, July 27, 2012

"The Kids want a Savior & Don't Need a Fake"



Well whee halve occasionally wondered weather the Olympics wherr two commercial or knott.  "Huh?" 


"Nosotros todos vamos a ballar para last mandas que yo hago"
I better check that translation with Mike Bloomfield.  Being a novice I'm not schooled in the subtalties of the Chicago dialect.


"In the night the gold coins were a tinkeling, the next day the price was paid"   "I have no thought at all about my own reward" -Maurie Head


"You live with straights who tell you, you was King"


"The one mistake you made was - being Dead"


Take Two:  So are the Olympics getting too commercial?  Back in the "Charriots of Fire" era that Abrams fellow rebuked some detractor at the College saying "You expect a champion to achieve his goals with the effortlessness of the gods", when he hired a professional coach.  I identify with Abrams because I too have become "defensive" at times when I felt I was being deliberately slighted, and in the past have gotten my hackles in an uproar.  Nobody wants to be played for a fool.  But today things are totally different.  We have corporate sponsors up the wazoo and I'm wondering why?  We have four companies, Dow Chemical, the napalm people, and Addidus, British Petroleum, and Mickey D's, who bring you the Olympics and lord help me if I walk out there in my New Balance shoes with the tell-tale "N" insignia on them.  This will not do.  I do not see why there should be ANY corporation support of the Olympics.  The way I see it, the Olympics should be of, by and for Amatures.  That's kind of the point of the thing - to strive for individual excellence.  I question whether some of the way the athlets have bulked and buffed out lately might be due to steroids.  For me if it's adult professional sports.  But anything involving minors, or anything that is by stipulation for "amatures" should be strictly regulated. But now they are saying that the entire seventeen day Olympic extravaganza is just a Corporate Commercial for their varied products.  I do not believe the profit from Olympics parafanalia or tie-ins should enter into the motivation for having the event.  I'm not suggesting that everyone go back to performing in the nude, like the ancient Greeks originally did it, but we might just dial back the glitz factor back just a little.  But I am in full agreement that the host country has every right to feel good about conducting the event on their home soil and certainly British have never backed away from a fight.  That's what made Queen Elizabeth the first one of their (I almost said "Our") greatest monarch of all time of either gender.  Mitt Romney has had so much foot and mouth disease lately if I were he I would find a dark hole in the ground to hide myself away in till I was trotted out like a drassage horse, to accept the nomination of my Party in Florida.

Those lyrics about "the best laid plans of mice and men" came to pass today in Dr. Levy's class.  One may sin at his leisure but often finds it expediant to repent in haste.  Dr. Levy made a big pitch this afternoon when I finally saw him for the first time in 36 days ("you reckon time with the carefulness of a prisoner) since our last meeting.  Afterward Bones saw me and he complemented on my "comportment" during the meeting.  (My word - not his)  I'm in a British frame of mind.  Anyhow Bones said with enthusiasum that I gave one of the best speeches I've given in public in a long time with one knock-out example after another.  He wanted to know "Did the latest blog posting go well?" and I thought HE had given me those quotations in purple letters.  It turns out he didn't.  Those were last minute additions, even though they were posted first.  Today from Dr. Levy I got a two sided papal medal with the current Pope on one side and Pope John Paul II on the other.  I have already told you that Bones has a fondness for Pope John II.  I told Dr. Levy "Maybe I can quite smoking if I pray to the pope and I can do that now".  He didn't know how to respond.  One thing Nicole Sandler and I have in common is that we learned so much we know about being Jewish from watching the Ten Commandments movie.  This movie is one I don't think my Dad ever recorded, though I have a recording of large portions of it from Easter of 1996, an evening I drank way too many Mickey's.

At the risk of self contradiction - - it would seem that at times things done from the seemingly Purest of motives can lead to the worst forms of Evil that would not be possible otherwise.  The Bible itself adminishes us to "Abstain from every form of Evil" and we do well to heed that advice.  For instance certainly a religion whose favorite scripture is "Surely he hath borne our griefs and carried away our iniquities" can't be anything but good, right?  Would not such a religion that held such a doctrine in high regard be one of compassionate and caring people?  Sometimes the reality that develops is not the thing imagined.  It's like art.  Sometimes when I work on a photo- - I determine "where the photo itself Wants to go" and often I have one idea but then see that the photo "wants to go" in a different direction and so I go there and it works out a whole lot better than I imagined it would.  Well, do you think Jesus Christ is the only one who ever suffered?  To hear churchmen talk you'd think Jesus was the only one that was ever "despised and rejected by men".  Well, I have been despised and rejected by man.  According to the Wickipedia entry on Mike Bloomfield he says "I'm into the Blues because I relate to the music.  You see Black people suffer on the outside - - but a Jew suffers on the inside".  As such I relate to the interractional emotions of that Abrams guy in Charriots of Fire even though the situations are different ones from the specific conflicts I have faced.  Samantha Brady DOES have a compassionate bone in her body.  She relates to Elvis Di Mira because she too had felt persecuted and misunderstood and "those people don't really know me" kind of feelings.  So she goes to the mat for someone who on the surface appearence others would advise her to shun.  One like etched into my memory is the line from the Black like Me movie that does "The thing is you can wipe that Blackness off your face and go back to your normal way of life any time you want.  WE can't!  That's a sobering thought for Neil Savedra to think about in his saner moments.  We don't have the luxury of "knowing the script in advance".  If scripture be believed- - he KNOWS more of the presence of God in one minute than any of us will ever know in a lifetime.  And yes there other men who were crucified.  Jesus was not the only once, much as the Church would kid themselves otherwise.  Or as the Monkees put it long ago, "You're not the only choo-choo train that was ever left out in the rain".  But there is this doctrine of Uniqueness attached to Jesus.  No sooner does the Son of God decide to be Man, than Man himself elevates this very being to the status of a Superstar.  It says that "Jesus grew in favor with God and man".  There are vast periods in my life where I have had the favor of neither.  How about you?  They will not admit into their minds the slightest hint that Jesus of Nazareth had anything but a blisful, happy childhood with nurturing parents who spurred his intellectual and spiritual growth.  Chuck Smith once noted a theory I don't entirely buy into myself but it's worth running up the flag pole now.  He said that "Man is in a steady process becoming LIKE the God he worships".  It's this whole idea of specialness and uniqueness.  THEY personally feel "special" so it's only fitting that they would fashion a God who shares these same qualities.  Just as Norman Bates was posessive of his Mother- - and so imagined that after she was gone that his Mother was Just as Posessive of Him. (Selah)  As such, anf here is the "rubber meets the road" of it as Pastor Mark would say.  These tea party people who invented this God say that he and he Alone should give to the poor.  It's too "holy" of an act for mortal man to even attempt.  Such compassion is the domain of Jesus alone.  In like manner Jesus spoke of Peace, but the tea party believes that Peace is something for the Next Life, and should not even be attempted in this one.  Jesus taught tollerance.  But here again all of that "Love your fellow man crap" is for the Next Life and as for this one, we are entitled to be just as prejucided and biggoted as we please."  (Selah) In reality - - and this hit me a few days ago - - Jesus of Nazareth has a lot more in common with King Saul than King David.  Like Saul, Jesus was tall and good looking and had the favor of the people.  Like Saul- - he lacked the balls to go up against a really big national threat like Gollaith.  David on the other hand suffered inferences of being a bastard child and was a "red headed scruffy boy" one might imagine like Opey on the Andy Griffith show, with nothing to distinguish him.  If we believe the Bible- - -  the whole concept of a "King" was discouraged by the prophet Samuel.  If everything is a "type" than the word "King" is a type or shadow of the word "Messiah".  The people in Jesus day were clammoring for a Messiah.  Soul was found by God when he was "Looking for his ass".  Jesus of Nazareth rode in on an ass.  Saul started out humble till job insecurity led to massive Paranoia.  Jesus started out humble- - but when he became the head of the Church (an antitype of Israel) he became paranoid and posessive and prone to fits of violence at former friends.  The people loved David because of his simplicity and humility.  David was loyal to Saul, but Saul often lacked sufficient faith in David.  (Selah)   "Father, you left me, but I never left You" -John Lennon.

What Did You See?  Where have you been? What did you Hear?  Who did you Meet?  Where are you going.  "I saw a white ladder all covered with water".  "'I've stood and wept besides seven dead oceans"  "I saw people with hammers their hands were all bleeding"  "I heard one man screaming - I heard a dozen people laughing" "I saw blood from a black rock that kept dripping" "I met a young woman whose body was burning" (Joan of Arc?)  I met a white man who walked a Black dog.  I heard ten thousand people whispering and nobody listening.  I saw a lane full of diamonds with nobody on it.  (ZAC sail mailings?)  I met a young man who was wounded in Love.  I met another man who was wounded in hatred. I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children.  "I heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world"  I'm going out to the deepest dark forest.  Where the people's hands are all empty.  (no "666" mark of the Beast)  And the executioner's face is always well hidden.  Where black is the color and none is the number. "And I know my song well before I start singing".  And in answer to Dr. Levy's question about plans- - if you speak as mouthpiece for one Greater than yourself you better make damn sure that first that you have His leave to do so, and next you better well know that even if you yourself haven't "thought everything through" that HE HAS THOUGHT EVERYTHING THROUGH BEFORE THE DAWN OF TIME.  (Selah)

No comments: