Friday, October 09, 2020

Mike Pence Consistently Talks Over His Allotted Time

Today is John Lennon's birthday and he would be eighty if he were still living.  This means he's spent half  of his eight decade existance- - dead.  Pastor Greg Laurie has the COVID 19 virus.  He's only sixty-seven.  I thought for sure he was older than me by how quickly he got bald.  Of course Trump has the Corona virus and a whole lot of his staff including Kellyanne.  Chris Christie has the virus.  Trump spent so much time at rallies without masks or social distancing it was only a matter of time it seems before he got it.  Henow knows he isn't Superman.  Of course I should shut up on that issue because I've been smoking more and more and haven't died of lung or throat cancer and I haven't had a heart attack.  I'm living on borrowed time, as Lennon says in a song.  If anything Harris didn't hit Trump's personal health issues hard enough.  Of course now President Trump doesn't want to debate Biden at all if he can't do it face to face.  And Biden doesn't want to debate Trump as long as he is sick.  To need oxygen is a serious matter the way I look at it.  I imagine Trump's health has taken a toll in his presidential polling numbers.  I finally got my ballot material today.  I've found that various commercials aren't exactly honest but misleading.   We have propositions ranging from 14 to 25.  I have all my own oppinions.

.  I got here a minute to six and caught all of the debate between  Camila Harris and Mike Pence.  Harris did a B plus job and maybe a A minus.  She said everything  she wanted to say when Mike Pence would let her speak.  Mike Pence kept talking way over his allotted time and  I don’t think the time was ever made up to Harris. I went out for medication when they were talking about Islamic terrisom and maybe that was a mistake.  I heard all of the stuff about police and race relations and I think Harris over-stressed this.  You need to weed out the really important shooting cases and let the others go.  Mike Pence took his time but finally admitted he was a staunch anti-abortionist.  Mike Pence told outright lies and also was replete with over-generalizations about everything.  He refused to answer direct questions put to him like what does he plan to do to “fix” Obamacare and insure that people still get coverage ofpre-existing conditions.   Harris needed to talk about women’s rights more than she did and the loss of liberty is Roe verses Wade is overturned.  The debate went till about 7:35 and then they had media commentary till eight.  In general it was a more civil debate.


No comments: