Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Trump Beats Biden in Head to Head Debate

First let's talk about the death  of Justice Ginsburg last week.  This is a major crisis for liberalism and it looks as though it's one they can't win.  The democrats cant filibustter like they could in the old days before Mc Connell changed the rules.   We are going to have to learn to live with a six judge majority of conservatives.  I know I should have written last week but I'm lazy.  The only remedy lies if the US senate goes democratic and they decided to expand the number of justices to thirteen.  There's a fat chance of that.  In the old days in the nineteenth century they would manipulate the number of supreme court justices all the time for political reasons.  You can't get away with that today.  But lucky for the democrats there is one thing you still can't get away with and that's saying flat out you want to overturn Roe verses Wade.  That won't fly in any election and for Trump to be tied with that line would spell his political doom.  You have to learn to speak in code now just like they do with race.  George Wallace would have trouble winning an election today.  But maybe I should take that back.  President Trump refuses to condemn racist groups even today so indeed overt racism has come back in fashion.  But there is a really strong women's lobby out there and they will band together and fight any outright overturning of Roe verses Wade.  I think Biden should have stressed this more last night.

Joe Biden was a disappointment in last night’s debate.  I feel Trump one the debate because he was a slick, practiced liar and he performed well and appeared at ease with all of the lies he told.  Biden appeared reluctant to really take on trump and went out of his way to appear relaxed to the point of apathy.   He wasn’t at all like he was with Paul Ryan back in 2012.  Any Joe Blow watching the debate would say Trump won the debate easily because he made all of these so called “factual points” that weren’t fact at all.  Chris Wallace of FOX moderated the debate and he was pretty good at getting things back on topic once they strayed.  Trump interrupted more than Biden.  This got criticism from the media.  The thing was divided into six topics of the day including crime in the city and how Trump feels about right wing hate groups.  I don’t think Biden was strident enough in saying what a disaster it would be for women ia six conservatives were on the bench.  The Corona virus was discussed.  Biden said more jobs will be shipped to Mexico because of the latest Nafta reform bill.  But at ten to seven I left to get my medication.  I had a conversation with Bernadette about whether Ambien is the best sleeping medication to take.  I really don’t think it is and I seem to do just about as well without it, which isn’t that good.  I no sooner returned here than I got a case of the runs.  My diaria returned after three days of my thinking I was home free, and as you know I can’t get it.  The debate ran from six o clock to twenty to eight.  There was the usual commentary afterward.  I learned almost nothing new from this debate.  I thought there would be fireworks where Biden put Trump on the defensive all of the time.  That didn’t happen.  Trump wasn’t defensive at all.  There was the usual commentary after the debate.  I watched on channel two. 


No comments: