Thursday, May 17, 2012

Marcus Arelius Begins Earning His Keep


It seems I've hit pay dirt in that there are now advertisments on at least some of my blogs, perhaps you noticed the last one.  There was a foreign language video I watched.  Unfortunately people learn languages differently.  I told you about video verse audio verse emotive verses kinesthetic methods of learning.  I told you I was a visual person.  I like to see all of the facts mapped out in graphs and tables and such.  I'll give you an example of where audio learning falls flat with me.  In Church school when I was twelve or whatever we heard about things like the "Capidocian Church Fathers" and "Flying Butresses" and "We use the empty cross in Protestentism".  I thought "Empty Cross- - you mean the cross of hollow?"  And I didn't really know what I "flying butress" was till I watched a video on medevil archetecture and I go "Oh - THATS a flying butress".  These sort of winged things at the sides of cathedrals with an archway in the middle of them.  I STILL don't know who the Hell the "Capidocian fathers" are.  Certainly people like Wayne Dyre have failed to convince me.  I've had problems with Einstein because even though in his own words he gives all of these "examples" I'm thinking "But what does all of that have to do with the price of tea in China?"  I want to do the math.  When one of my BASIC programs isn't behaving right, I go in and look at the code and see what the numbers are doing and how they are structured.  I guess they have blind physicians.  Maybe you can do that.  I guess Dean Edell does OK with just an audio radio broadcast, so maybe verbal "conversation" works OK in some areas.  Even when I hear something emotive that's said to make a "point" I want to break down the words and the sentense structure, to see if the guy is saying what he claims to be saying.  Break down his "Logic flow chart" as it were.

Ed Schultz is talking about Scott Walter this hour and his campaign to tell lies about Obama's unemployment figures.  They say that 40% of Union people actually favor Scott Walker staying in office. So we were right in saying the recall numbers don't bode at all well for our side.  Romney wants to drag the Reverand Jeremiah Wright into this Campaign even though John Mc Cain refused to do so four years ago in 2008.  People called him an "old fuddy-duddy" for not being willing to hit below the belt.  It seems Romney is jealous of some big Chicago contributor to the President's reelection campaign.  Otherwise this is kind of a watch and wait period- - and will continue to be so for the next three months. "You Don't Want to Go There" should be Romney's watch-word in that Mormonism does not have an exactly steller record dealing with African Americans.

They say that from his recent speech John Boehner has been hitting the booze a little heavily.  Again he is trying to "make a stand" on the debt ceiling.  I think President Obama should give him what he wants- - This- - time, because any adverse budget cuts enacted now will be too late to adversely impact the economic recovery- - untill after Romney or the President gets reelected.  Capish?  It will be a good issue for the President to run on saying "The tea party held a gun to my head" and then go in to talk about the averse consequences, and also take the budget issue away from Romney.

Joe Byden is making a speech about "Sitting around waiting to be a millionaire" as the AC DC song goes.  We all like to dream big.  This whole "Contentment" crap Dr. Levy talks about is a bunch of huey.  He doesn't believe it himself.  He's dropped enough inadvertant hints that I suspect he's got Money - - and lots of it that he isn't talking about.  I just want to see him whip out the cheese cake this afternoon he was talking about this afternoon.

If Romney really wants to preach "You Win Some - You Lose Some" why is he attacking President Obama's support of "Silindra"?  And what is all this campaign against Wind power citing statistics it contributes to "local warming".  President Obama needs to stress that Nuclear power is no solution to the "carbon footprint" and cite the current situation in Japan where they still have not cleaned up their nuclear mess from a year ago.  Make it clear that nuclear power features a huge "up front" investment and that nuclear power has been "a historically inefficient source of power", or so I've been told.

Defense spending is unique among the constitutionally prescribed budget items in that any other agency of government or expenditure can be for any period- - but Defense spending, the military can be ONLY for a period of two years, and they again have to come back to the House.  Obama's aquiessence to the whole "preventative detention" bill - - was a political calculation knowing as a part of a defense appropiations bill can only last for two years.  The measure has now been knocked down by the court.  But people want to Bring It Back - -  in perhaps a more dangerous form.  Thom Hartman fears strip searches for things like Jay walking or "talking back to a cop".  Four supreme court members are over seventy years old right now, so the next President will have plenty of "opportunies" to shape Court Rulings as he wishes with appointments, knowing how "political" the High Court is now.

Well so far so good.  John Black and company were able to get those weapons smugglers to trust them.  There were a couple of close calls but they managed to get their guns out.  Now the criminals, dealing from a now position of weakness are willing to make a deal.  That could be lucritive if they play their cards right.  Perhaps.  One of the lines was like "We don't MAKE deals - - we just Impose them".  Or as I say in my modified bits about God to Dr. Levy a few months awhile back, "Everybody has their price Except - - God".  (Selah)  One evangelist said the Hebrew has a special term for the "Covenant" one makes "with a gun to his head" so to speak.

Here are a few Beatle Singles to kind of "Keep the Beatles on the Charts" more steadily, that the record companies never bothered to put out.  Tell you me if you agree.  If Paul Mc Cartney could be perswaded I'm adding one more single here.  I think the other Beatles could perswade Paul that they "owe him" and so - I'd like to propose one more single - by the way it's on a Tuesday.

mid December 1965.

"Michelle" / "Twelve Bar Original"  (Anthology edit)

November first 1966

"Got To Get You Into My Life" / "Here, There & Everywhere"

April first 1967

"A Day in the Life" (minus ending album bits - dead start) /  "And Your Bird can Sing"  (Anthology version with all the giggling in it)

June first 1967

"Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds" / "She's Leaving Home"

September first 1967

"With a Little Help From My Friends" / "Lovely Rita"

May 31st (a Friday) 1968

"Only a Northern Song"  / "Accross the Universe"  (possibly the "naked" mix)

December first 1968

"Back in the USSR" / "Birthday"

February 10th 1969

"Not Guilty" (Anthology version) / "What's the New Mary Jane?"

Friday September 26th 1969  -first Abbey Road single

(which is the day A R songs "Premiered" on radio stations here)

November 3rd 1969

"Here Comes the Sun" / "Cold Turkey"

February 2nd. 1970  (Beating out a Spectorized Lennon by a week)

"Because" (from the Album) /  "Come And Get It"  (Anthology mix)

April 21st 1970

"Maybe I'm Amazed" / "Fifties Rock Trilogy" (Anthology Sessions)

August 3rd 1970

"It's All Too Much" /  "Good-bye, My Love" (Anthology version)

YESTERDAY AND TODAY - SLIGHT MODIFICATION
(for one thing use the original "Butcher Block" cover as planned)

Drive My Car
Nowhere Man
I'm Only Sleeping (American version still)
Dr. Robert (CD version mix, if available then)
If You've Got Troubles (as appears on Anthology)
Yesterday
- - - - -
And Your Bird Can Sing (ditto for "Robert" here)
I'm Really Down
Act Naturally
If I Needed Someone
We Can Work It Out
Day Tripper


No comments: