Friday, December 19, 2014

What I'm Doing Right Now


Bernie Sanders today said one aspect of Dodd Frank has borne fruit that he inserted into the bill himself.  Sanders demanded that the Federal Reserve be audited, and personally, I think that would be a very good idea.  The Federal Reserve has never been audited in one hundred years so I’d say it’s about time.  But the information from the crash of 2008 was brought to light.  Now it’s disclosed that the Federal Reserve pumped in sixteen trillion dollars into the economy of the very rich.  So take that ten thousand dollar figure I mentioned before and quintuple it.  That would mean fifty thousand dollars for each and every American, whether they are working or not, man, woman and child.  Imagine the extreme good that could have been accomplished.  There of course would be a point where inflation would be in danger of kicking in, but I submit that demand pull inflation is a long way off from where we are now.  To achieve that point we would have to take all of the slack out of the economy, which could be likened to string connecting kiddy cars.  Once all of the string is taught- then you have inflation.  There is also news that every penny of the Auto bail out has been “paid back to taxpayers”.  I thought that had been done years ago, but at least I know it’s been done now.  President Obama claimed he’s cut the deficit to one third of what it was when he entered office.  I’d say it’s no more than forty percent of what it was when President Obama assumed office, give or take a few buffer months to let his policies take effect.  The President also claimed today in his news conference that better jobs are opening up, which pay better wages.  This has been part of the problem before.   Texas is still a state where I hear that the lowest of the low paying jobs are the only ones available.

I guess we told you that alcoholism strips mylon from the neurons, and so this is why alcoholics are missing whole portions of their lives.  It’s literally true that “Some drink to forget”.  Their system is poisoned.  But with Alzheimers - - the cause of memory loss is different and in this case the brain cells are alive and intact.  So you can run the computer equivalent version of Spin Rite to recover the lost information from the hard drive.   The day this breakthrough is announced a lot of grieving relatives will become positively ecstatic.

I was sitting in the front room last night after six and admiring the Christmas lights.  This morning I went to the store just before seven and got a dollar coffee from that lady.  That was my last dollar.  We had corn flakes for breakfast followed in the course of time by toast and butter, a fried egg, and hashed browns.  I got a second hashed brown from Dora who came along before I’d started eating almost.  Then I got an entire plate including a fried egg, toast and butter, and a third hashed brown.  We were there eating after eight o clock when most of the room had cleared out.  I wished I’d known I didn’t have to worry.   A different dentist lady called me on the phone out front- - - and we made an appointment for my final crown on Wednesday January 7th and I cleared it with Yadera and Federico on the spot.  I went for ten o clock coffee break in the courtyard and had two cups.  At some point I had Bernie Sanders on, again on tape delay.  I tried to call Mom using the new calling card numbers from [name withheld].  They didn’t work.  I double checked them with the E mail but they still didn’t work.  In the course of time I dug up the old calling card numbers and called and got through.  I had only eight minutes left, but it didn’t matter because Mom wasn’t there.  I called back a half hour later and again got the system answering service, and she still wasn’t there.  We had chili cheese fries for lunch, and a green salad, and more mushroom soup.  We had cantaloupe for desert.  

I decided to watch the President’s press conference I had missed earlier- - on tape delay from C-Span.  Every reporter the President called on today was a woman.  The President believes that Sony Pictures’ capitulation to NC terrorism was a mistake, and I have to agree with him that it was.  Now the latest word is that Sony will endeavor to get some version of "The Interview" out there.  He again repeated that our “response” would take on some sort of devious “covert” manifestation.  Personally I blame the Federation for the whole thing.  If they had stood by Sony Studios the way they implied they would, we couldn’t be having this conversation today. But though terrorist’s demands were met there is still some fear of a “Christmas surprise” and Sony Studios are still so afraid that they are cancelling their daily tours.   In the course of the press conference Mom returned my call.  The bad news is here is that after bringing up about every other topic I could think of (discussed here) I finally got around to mentioning money for Christmas.  At first she seemed open to the idea, but then suddenly remembered that you know who had left her with very little control of her own money and she said “Actually I don’t have any cash and might not be able to get it”.  She then added “Besides you don’t need any money, anyhow”.   I am in desperate need of money constantly.  I mentioned that neurological or memory or whatever test she was to have on December 15th and she said “Actually that test has been put off till January”.  She mentioned some duties (roles) she still has at her place.   I seems in good physical health just talking with her.  I reminded her she needn’t worry about the one upcoming dental appointment next month because “You’ve already paid for it”.

On the soap opera, Kim thinks Shane is almost recovered and Eve had convinced Page that Shane is at death’s door.  Now Eve is telling Kim “On Christmas dinner let’s just avoid the whole topic entirely because Page finds it upsetting”.  Kin says, “I don’t see why - - Shane is going to be fine”.   Daniel Jonas kind of gave Nicole the kiss off.  First it’s like ten minutes before they’re due to have dinner, and Daniel makes it clear to Nicole that he’d like her to split before the guests arrive.  Nicole asks about their upcoming date and Daniel says “Well you know the holidays are really busy so we should put that off till at least early next year.  Besides I want to “ask Jennifer” (so to speak) if she’ll “give me permission to date you” as if Jennifer is EVER going to say anything nice about Nicole.  Nicole got the royal screwing.  But the silver lining is that she can ransack Samantha Mason’s apartment while she knows she’ll be gone for hours.  Because we know that Samantha is keeping some sort of secret- - - and perhaps “playing” Eric and if Nicole exposes the whole (as yet unknown) plot she could still wind up the Hero.  Mean-while back on the farm - - - relations between Sonny and Will aren’t one bit better today.

I tuned in Norman Goldman on Media Player but very shortly into the program after the start, the sound began snagging, and it was doing it repeatedly like a malfunctioning CD.  I turned it off and switched on the TV and watched the second half of “Millionaire” and then all of “Jeopardy”.  We had enchiladas for dinner with refried beans and a green salad.  I crossed the room to the cart where Glen and others were congregating and got a third enchilada.  We had two oatmeal cookies for desert.  I had a smoke but soon was called down to get the mail, which is an almost an alarmingly frequent occurance.  I got the official notice of the Social Security increase by fifteen dollars.  There was also a Cal Optima official card.  Mom was saying “Wait till you get an official card from somebody”.   Now I have that.  There was a hand written Christmas card which somewhat intrigued me.  I did not recognize the name.  But what was inside astounded me.  Two ten dollar bills fell out.  I looked at them.  They looked real.  I was suddenly twenty dollars richer.  There would not be the repeat of the “starvation week” that I experienced last year.  I went out and bought one pack of John Blacks.  I was in no frame of mind to go hog wild.  In fact it is my fervent prayer that I get over even needing to smoke cigarettes.  I went to the bakery and got a dollar fifty coffee cup and was only charged $1.25.  This was my lucky day.  Of course this computer has crashed twice this afternoon and that’s never a good sign.  This computer may have only a matter of days, and as soon as I’m finished with this file I should back up, as well as any needed update on a previous file.  Drinking coffee, it suddenly seems warm in here.   I got my medication from Donnie on the east hall and got an egg sandwich.  Then I had a conversation with Bruce about quarks, which was somewhat educational.  There is now a Kim Jung Un video game that will go ahead with production.  The developers of the video game even intend to add a new level, taking place on the Sony Pictures studio lot.  I wish them God’s speed.  In terms of my spending, I plan to go to Glen for future evening cups of coffee.  And I won’t be buying pastry snacks.  I want this money to last.  For one thing I don’t know for sure whether this money will have to last longer than I think, if Mom doesn’t come through with any money.

No comments: