Tuesday, November 21, 2017

What Do We Have to be Thankful For This Year?

Charles Manson is dead at age 83, the same age Dad was when he died.  He died at a hospital in Bakersfield of all places.  There were rumors this trip to the hospital for Manson would be his last.  Even people who stay on death row are most likely to die of old age rather than ever be executed.  That seems like a way to run up a lot of medical expense.

  President Trump is re-thinking his decision the other day to left bans on bringing big game trophies from Africa into this country like elephants and such.  The optics of it weren’t good.   There is more than a rumor that the XL Canadian pipeline is leaking oil.  That isn’t good.  Someone said they used PIG's as electronic detectors of fissures and weakness in the pipes that were supposed to sound the alarm.  The pipe information gadgets or whatever they're called themselves were well designed but the software on the receiving end was tampered with by the Koch Brothers because they say it's "too expensive" to check out every little warming of a vulnerable pipe but would rather face lawsuits in the courts as land owners file for damages.  It's "just a cost of doing business" you know.  

  Thom Hartman says that the Republicans want this tax slashing and deficit exploding tax bill passed really soon so that when the democrats win in 2018 and 2020 that they will be blamed for all the bad ramifications such as an exploding deficit and Medicare and Medi-Cal funding being slashed.  I don’t know if they think that far ahead but Hartman says much of Obama’s deficits were caused by George Bush.  It's just a new guimic the wyley Republicans have come up with to keep one step ahead of the electorate.  

Charlie Rose has now admitted to all sorts of sex escapades and has been fired from both CBS and PBS.  He claims he just “misjudged the feelings of the women” when he paraded around naked and showered with employee prospects in the apartment and flash women in a bathrobe and a lot of other stuff.   Of course when they say a man asked a woman for “sexual favors” I think they’re referring to a blog job.  Of course now we hear it’s common for men to show women they don’t know their dicks and Stephanie isn’t turned on by the sight of a male penis.  There’s where gays differ.  Gays love the sight of another male penis.  Norman Goldman just announced that Donald Trump officially endorsed the candidacy of Roy Moore.  But there is a definite difference between “unwanted advances” where the man is rebuked with a “No”, as opposed to attempted rapes of teenagers.  There is also the dynamic of power difference.  A man with a lot of power has an unfair influence over a woman with much less power. 

  John Conniers is a democratic congressman from Michigan and he made quid pro quo arrangement with a woman that he would pay her off a large amount of money if she signed a non disclosure deal.  Of course now the deal is disclosed.  But he threatened her job if she didn’t have sex with him.  The news is more flooded than ever with these sorts of stories from all directions and political persuasions.  John Coniers is the dean of house members because he’s been elected 27 times to that office, which means he’s been serving since the sixties.  Thom Hartman believes we need to legislate this stuff into law so that in the future women will be protected.   I guess they’ll officially make blackmail and intimidation of women a crime. 

This morning I got up at four thirty and needed to smoke so I got dressed and went out there and had a cigarette.  I returned and went back to bed and got up at 5:37 by the digital clock and showered.  I smoked a white butt that was on my night stand and made my next to the last cup of instant coffee.  I got my medication from Rico after six but didn’t use the nasal spray.  But I am still sick with the flu all right.  The virus is still with me and I’m afraid the virus is going into my chest because I’ve been coughing more in addition to the nose stuff.   I had Stephanie Miller on computer.  Free Speech TV has a newly designed web site and live stuff won’t come across.  There are incompatability issues.  However the stuff in the frames below would play OK.  But strangely they’ve eliminated their “radio programs” segment with Bill Press and all the rest.  I finally got the show on WCPT.  But the biggest jolt of the morning was downstairs with Phyllis Green saying that some people had money draw yesterday.  Apparently money draw was at one fifteen yesterday and supposedly they announced it but I sure didn’t hear anything.  I also didn’t hear anybody talking about having gotten their money and usually there is a lot of stuff like people paying back debts like cigarettes and stuff and going to the store.  Jennifer won’t even be in today.  But yesterday she was in the dining room with Timmy helping serve the plates and she never breathed word one about money draw being Monday. 

Last night I was drowsy (basically from the flu virus).  The meager dinner filled me up and I went back to the room and lay down through most of the evening.  Occasionally I would go out for a cigarette.  I was cold last night until Bill said it was OK to close the window.  Bill gave me two new towels and a face cloth and I was worried that when Nora cleaned today she’d just take the excess towels like she did the last time.  I’m still worried about that happening.  I went down for medication with Leah and I used the nose spray.  I watched ABC network news, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.  Then I watched “Lucifer” on FOX.  After the medication kicked in I felt better. 

I had Raisin Bran from breakfast out of the box.  For the most part they still don’t use the regular bowls for cold cereal.  This was followed by scrambled eggs and French Toast and a big sausage link.  I took Jerry’s French toast because she didn’t want it and Steve took her sausage.  Phyllis had been saying that Jennifer might show up anyhow but the odds were steeply against that.   I checked the halls to see if Nora was coming today.  They did the linen changing on the other side of the building.  It’s a good thing too because I felt sick in the morning.  I did go down to check the menu and it was a good thing.  I didn’t want chili and corn bread because my stomach felt a little unsettled as it was, so I changed it to a baked potato.  I didn’t go to morning refreshments.  I had Thom Hartman on.  Larry gave me a cigarette a little before lunch and I didn’t even know if I would go to lunch.  But I made it to the table and I felt better once I started eating.  We had teriyaki pork and oriental vegetables and brown rice that I mixed all together.  We had yogurt for dessert.  Coffee is always nice.  Then it was Gary and Shannon on over the noon hour.   There was a lot of emotion expressed on Days of our Lives but I don’t want to go into that now.  I left Steve Harvey on at two and it’s on now.  I went down for afternoon refreshments from Rico and got two Oreos and an orange drink.  Mary lent me a cigarette. 

No comments: