Monday, November 27, 2017

Assad Must be Removed from Power Now

Sixty Minutes was on and I got a portion of the first segment.  It was about the actions of FEMA and their being chronically under-funded by the government.   The middle segment was on that barbarous butcher King Assad of Syria.  Someone needs to make plans to take him out, and I don’t mean to dinner.  Certainly there are hired guns around.  Why can’t we get our elite seals or some equivelant land group to do it?    He is guilty of the ultimate war crime of bombing hospitals.  And he does it in the most despicable manner.  He bombs the rest of the place first and then when they all go rushing into the hospitals he bombs the hospital and takes everyone out.   I don’t know.  Sometime I wish we’d have either Hillary or John Mc Cain as President.  Mc Cain is hard line on Russia and Syria and he is a moral, principled man.  I think any democrat should make this a political issue next year.  The third segment was about the people of the isle of Egg, and you don’t to hear about that.  It’s in Scotland and it’s one giant private estate with no courts or police or governments of any kind and crime is virtually unknown.  But you have to have the right temperament for it.  After this it was Wisdom of the Crowd and the first half of an NCIS episode. 

Today on Days of our Lives Abe was on a power trip.  J J disobeyed a direct order not to visit Theo even if he is in a comatose state.  Abe caught him in there.  Abe wanted Hope to fire J J and she refused.  So instead Abe fired Hope.  It’s a real power trip.  Abe has become more of a stickler for zero infractions of the rules in his old age.  Meanwhile Trip tried to confess to Patch what he’d done at Kate’s blackmail threats of deleting Theo’s phone messages.  Kate kind of hinted it would be horrible of Kayla got in trouble for covering up a previous crime of Trip.   It’s a sticky situation.

This is Monday November 27, 2017 and three days to go before Thursday’s outing assuming I make it.  I ran out of cigarettes at noon or before that Bill had.  I borrowed one from Ron and just now I borrowed one from Terry.  It was two o clock.  I checked the menu and then came up here to call Judy.  This time she was able to talk.  We both agree that Vitamin C would speed up the recovery from my flu-cold.  I’m not certain that at the rate I’m going I’ll be in the pink of health by Thursday.  Of course Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were really bad days.  Sunday was a little better and today is better than yesterday but I still feel sick.  I told her Mom forgot about the dinner on Thursday but Judy says that Mom knows about it and it was just a short term memory lapse.  In fact we’ll probably be meeting at her place afterward.  Dinner reservations are made for four, which is really early.  We’ll get fast service.  But we’re favored customers anyhow and known as heavy tippers.  We warmed me again to quit smoking.  I lamented once more that we aren’t allowed to go to the store and get OTC medications such as Vitamin C.

THE REST OF THE THANKSGIVING SAGA

This is Wednesday November 22, 2017 and it seems if you hit the office circle wrong it causes the whole file to instantly close.  This happened twice just now and it’s happened before.  On Days of our Lives Will is living with Marlena now and so far has been paid a visit from Chad and Abigail and he invited them to stay for breakfast.  They had French toast and a Denver omelet and also strawberries, perhaps more.  Then Will met Gabriel and Ariana.  Before this Gabriel was hugging J J to comfort him with his guilt ridden state.  After this I went out back and then into the courtyard.  I was too late.  The cart was just going out the door and everyone was sitting around with food.   Kate and Chris were in a conversation.  I wanted a place to sit down in the shade but there was none.  Has the air conditioning has been turned on in here. 

Last night Bill lent me two white cigarettes and I smoked them both last evening, and the second one was after eight.  I watched ABC network news and Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.  I was in the medication line behind Glen.  Both of us were handed our nose spray without having to ask.  Then I felt better.  The Adville helps.  I prepared the laundry for pick-up.  We watched NCIS and I went to bed soon after nine.  In the morning I woke up just after four and closed the window.  It was a little late.  At a quarter after four I went out and smoked the one long but still in the cigarette pack.  Then I went back to bed at four thirty and feeling the cold.  I got up at 5:06 and showered.  I’m not sure what I smoked then.  I went for medication with Ricardo.  He was busy talking to others but squeezed me in.  I lay down on the bed a while wishing I had coffee.  I turned on KNXT news at six.  At some point I got a cigarette from Tao.  Denise returned our laundry baskets a little after six thirty.  Everything was there.  Then I began putting things away.  

The sun was now shining on Jerry’s back.  Angles have changed.  We had corn flakes in the box with poured milk from Rene.  Actually first we got our main plate.  This was a sausage patty and scrambled eggs.  I got a half cup of coffee.  I went out and smoked a butt and then I returned to the dining room and got a half a cup of black coffee from Valerie from the kitchen.  Then out back again Bill let me have the remainder of his coffee cup in the green cup.  Then Francis gave me a cigarette.  So you see I do have things to be thankful for.  I was also thankful the temperatures were warming up.  I turned on Stephanie Miller on WCPT.  I tidied up the room a little expecting Nora to come any minute.  They never had linen changing today.  Nora must have the day off.  Thom Hartman came on.  I left to smoke out back and Phyllis came down the sidewalk informing me that Jennifer was in her office today and she was handing out money.  This is the answer to a mouse’s prayer.  I went down and she unlocked the screen and let me in.  I asked for and got eight dollars from her.  Then I went to the store and bought a pack of full flavor Clippers.  So I’ve been smoking to catch up.  I checked the menu and it was not necessary to change it today.  I missed morning snacks.  Victoria Jones was on.

Paul called about ten thirty.  He wanted to come by and bring some goodies but first he wanted to see Mom before he ate lunch.  He must have been on a tight schedule.  I went down to the dining room at eleven and Mary Jane said to see Dr Messina.  Two people were ahead of me but Dr Messina was very brief with both of them.  He was also very brief with me.  But I told him about my cold and he asked about Thanksgiving plans.  I went to the table and Paul showed up a minute later.  He decided to eat with us because Steve has vacated his seat and this place is pretty liberal about one-time guests.  We had two slices of pepperoni pizza and a green salad.  The thing is this pizza had actually Mozerella cheese on it.  Paul and Jerry got into an extended conversation.  Jerry told him her life’s store with her daughter and son and all.  Paul talked about work at the Youth Center.  I asked about Judy and it seems she’s in worse shape than any of us thought.  She needs assistance walking and she’s afraid of losing her ability to swallow.  Her Parkinsons is getting worse.  They’ve been married 36 years.  Paul agreed with me how chilly the nights are.  Paul planed to do a little work around the house before he left for work at two.  Paul brought some oatmeal bars and walnuts, almonds, and grapes.  I have finished the small bag of almonds and am starting in on the stemless grapes.  Neil Savedra was doing all “Fork Report” and so I turned off KFI and turned back up the program Bill had, which had been news and now it was “The Chew”.  I’d rather see food shows on TV than on the radio.   Now we’re on page five.  For some reason time seems to be going really slow since lunch.   It’s twenty to three.  

No comments: